Friday, March 27, 2020

Indian CS & IT Academic Reform blog book now on amazon.com and amazon.in as Kindle ebook at minimum price that I could set

My book titled, "Indian Computer Science (CS) & Information Technology (IT) Academic Reform (Past) Activism Blog Book" and sub-titled "eklavyasai.blogspot.com (main work years: 2011 to 2014)", is now available as a Kindle ebook on amazon.com and amazon.in at the minimum price that I could set which is Rs.49/- on amazon.in which has resulted in sale price in US Dollar currency as 63 (or 64) cents (0.63 US$).

Here's the amazon.com Kindle ebook link: amazon.com/dp/B086G3KNBL , and the amazon.in one: amazon.in/dp/B086G3KNBL .

While the form in Kindle Desktop Publishing (KDP) for setting the price of the ebook clearly said that Rs.49 is the minimum price for it (in amazon.in store), I checked with KDP support about some free ebooks that I saw on amazon.in and wondered whether I could "sell" my ebook free on amazon.in. I referred them to this free Kindle ebook: https://www.amazon.in/Stories-Tagore-Rabindranath-ebook/dp/B004TPO5JE/ .

In their response, they suggested that the above Kindle ebook might have been published outside of KDP and that they cannot comment on the list price of it.

The way I interpreted their response was that KDP does NOT allow the user to set the price to 0, and that some minimum price (Rs. 49) has to be specified.

As my objective is to do the reasonable thing about making this ebook easily accessible, I decided to publish it via KDP at minimum price of Rs. 49.

Now amazon has a mechanism by which any user (including the author) informs amazon of the same product selling at a lower price elsewhere. I plan to explore that mechanism in the near future where I will inform them of this (same) ebook being sold for free on Google Play, and then see whether that results in amazon lowering price of this ebook on its stores or even making it free (Rs.0).

Given below are some screenshots related to the book listing on amazon.com and amazon.in (and one screenshot related to Google Play).

[To open pic in larger resolution, right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]



Above screenshots are of ebook listing on amazon.com



Above screenshots are of ebook listing on amazon.in


Search on amazon.com for:
ravi s iyer


Search on amazon.com for:
computer science academic reform


For comparison purposes, search on Google Play for:
computer science academic reform

No comments:

Post a Comment